Win the Ultimate
AFI FEST Experience
Win the Ultimate
AFI FEST Experience
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED.
You can still sign up for news and updates from VIZIO.
You are now signed up with VIZIO.
Win the Ultimate AFI FEST Experience
VIZIO® 2016 AFI FEST EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
YOU MUST BE AGE 21+ TO ENTER. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER.
**WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TAXES**
Participation in and submission of an entry to the VIZIO® 2016 AFI Fest Experience Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these VIZIO® 2016 ‘AFI Fest Experience’ Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
1. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes commences at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on October 3, 2016 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on October 17, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All Sweepstakes entries must be received by 11:59 PM PST on October 17, 2016. Entries submitted past the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted.
2. Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by VIZIO, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility. Participation is open only to living individual legal residents of the fifty (50) States of the United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least 21 years of age or older as of the commencement of the Sweepstakes Period. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, AND OUTSIDE THE U.S., AND WHERE PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Eligibility does not include: Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its respective subsidiaries, members, affiliates, advertising, promotion and web design agencies, and their respective affiliates, assigns or representatives; and any other individuals or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, advertising, execution of, or supply to this Sweepstakes or the American Film Institute (“AFI”) (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”); and family members or persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.
In order to receive the prize, you and your guest must be available in-person and have the ability to attend the AFI Fest 2016 for 3 days/ 2-nights between November 10, 2016 through November 18, 2016, in Hollywood, California, which may include the prize winner and his/her guest being filmed or photographed by or on behalf of Sponsor.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes (see below for alternate method of entry): (a) visit the website at afifest.vizio.com during the Sweepstakes Period, and (b) click on the “Enter to Win” button. Complete and submit the Sweepstakes entry form by filling out the requested information, including name and email, and which may include birthdate and shipping information such as your address and zip code; then (c) electronically agree and accept these Official Rules and click the “SUBMIT” button; (each an “Entry”, collectively the “Entries”). For any Entry that does not meet the above requirements, such Entry may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Alternative Method of Entry: Send a post card to VIZIO, Attn.: AFI FEST Experience Sweepstakes, 39 Tesla, Irvine CA 92618, with your entry information of name, email address, telephone number, birthdate, and zip code. The postcard or letter must be received by October 17, 2016.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/email address for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any participant who attempts to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times in violation of applicable Entry limitations may be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents will void all Entries made by, or associated with, the applicable participant. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account provided in connection with the Entry, as of the actual time of Entry, will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address and/or password associated with the Entry.
Proof of submission of an Entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Once submitted, Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. With submission of Entry, the participant will receive promotional or marketing-related emails from Sponsor. The participant may opt out of receiving marketing communications from Sponsor by unsubscribing using the link on any email received from Sponsor, or by replying to an email received from Sponsor and putting the word “unsubscribe” in the subject or body of the email. By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all of the requirements in these Official Rules.
5. Random Drawing/Odds of Winning: A random drawing will be conducted on or about October 118, 2016 by Sponsor to select the “Grand Prize Winner”. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive the following AFI Fest Experience Trip Package in Los Angeles, California (“Trip Package”) of two (2) AFI Fest 2016 ‘Express’ level passes for the week that includes that includes admission to all regular AFI Fest film screenings, talks/presentations and panels, special screenings and may include tickets to the VIZIO Gala and after-party. AFI Fest 2016 is held at the TCL Chinese 6 Theaters, the Egyptian Theatre and the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, in Hollywood, California between the dates of November 10-17, 2016. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the foregoing AFI Fest 2016 passes is $1,300.00.
The Trip Package includes airfare and lodging costs for the Grand Prize Winner and one guest to the AFI Fest 2016 in Los Angeles, California for 2 nights / 3 days, with the dates to be selected by Sponsor between November 10th - 18th, 2016. The travel of airfare and car amount shall not exceed the total of $1,500.00. The Trip Package includes: if applicable, coach-class airfare for two (2) people from a major airport near the Grand Prize Winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), only for a Grand Prize Winner that resides outside of the Los Angeles area; and/or car service for within the Los Angeles area (maximum total travel value of $1,500.00). The Grand Prize Winner shall receive $500 cash or a $500 VISA/ MasterCard gift card for food, taxi/ cabs/ car rental, any other incidentals to be used as the Grand Prize Winner chooses (ARV: $500.00). The Trip Package also includes lodging for the Grand Prize Winner and one guest of hotel accommodations for 2 nights, as selected by Sponsor between the dates of November 10, 2016 through November 18, 2016, at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, California – two rooms, single occupancy + 15.8% tax (ARV: approximately $600.00).
No per diem amount is provided as part of the Trip Package. Airfare is included in the Trip Package only for a Grand Prize Winner who resides outside of the Los Angeles, California area. Grand Prize Winner will only receive the value of the actual amount spent for travel and hotel accommodations. If Sponsor spends less on the airfare, car and/or 2-night lodging, no additional value of any amount of difference will be refunded, credited or paid out to the Grand Prize Winner.
All of the above is the “Grand Prize”. Total ARV of the Grand Prize is approximately and shall not exceed $3,900.00.
Sponsor shall arrange for all Grand Prize airfare travel and hotel accommodations and any amount not spent by Sponsor in arranging for travel and lodging shall not be refunded, credited or paid to the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel together on dates designated by Sponsor. Exact travel dates to be determined by Sponsor subject to availability and other restrictions. Sponsor is not responsible for flight cancellation or delay. The Grand Prize Winner and guest are responsible for any identification, passport or other travel requirements. All expenses, incidentals and other travel costs not expressly stated in the Trip Package description above, including, but not limited to ground transportation, baggage and handling, tips, meals/ food, incidentals, passenger tariffs/duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Actual value of the Grand Prize received may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination points.
When applicable, representatives of Sponsor will arrange to ship any tangible prizes to the prize winner after the prize winner has been announced, and the prize winner shall ensure that his/her residence is accessible for the delivery to a physical address (PO Boxes not acceptable, signature required) of such prize based on a confirmed date between Sponsor and the prize winner. The Grand Prize may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Grand Prize should become unavailable for any reason.
7. Taxes. The Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for all (a) federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, and (b) other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the Grand Prize, as applies to the entire approximate value of the Grand Prize of $3,900.00. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with his or her social security number or the equivalent for receipt of the Grand Prize. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize value will be reported to the IRS and the California Franchise Tax Board by Sponsor. The Grand Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. Winner Notification. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by e-mail after completion of the random drawing. If a Prize Winner notification is returned as undeliverable or a Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached, a potential Grand Prize Winner is ineligible, or a Grand Prize Winner declines the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate randomly-selected participant as the new Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest are subject to verification, including verification of age. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants. P.O. Boxes are not acceptable as mailing addresses. Awarding of Grand Prize is subject to verification of the Grand Prize Winner's eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules.
As a condition of accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification of winning within three (3) day(s) from the time of notification, and must: (a) execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release and Affidavit - Guest (for the Grand Prize Winner’s guest) documents within two (2) day(s) from a Grand Prize Winner’s written confirmation of winning; and (b) provide Sponsor with his/her social security number and a copy of a valid government issued photo identifications along with the above Affidavit documents. Failure to sign and return the Affidavit documents will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. Failure to return all required documents in this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner being selected. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of a Grand Prize and/or Trip Package will be forfeited and will not be substituted, nor will Sponsor refund any unclaimed and/or unused portion of a Grand Prize.
9. General: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
A. Sweepstakes Cancellation: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity or security of the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming). The Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the Internet, lost network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by technical or human error that may occur and/or that may damage a user's system or limit a participant’s ability to participate and/or redeem a Prize in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
B. Waiver: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or provincial or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, as applicable, or to disqualify any participants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
D. Publicity: Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission, for Sponsor and its designees to use the Grand Prize Winner’s name, voice, image, likeness, photographs, statements, biographical information and any other personal characteristics, in any and all media now or hereafter known, for any purpose, including without limitation marketing, promotional and/or publicity purposes, without additional compensation to the Grand Prize Winner.
Except where prohibited, the Grand Prize Winner and guest must be available for interviews and photos, on dates and times to be decided by Sponsor, for release in national and regional television, newspapers, magazines, and VIZIO marketing and promotional materials in all mediums including but not limited to vizio.com.
E. Release of Liability: Unless prohibited by law, by participating all participants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any and all liabilities, claims, judgments, injuries, damages, expenses, or losses whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Some jurisdictions do not allow the such releases or indemnity, so the above may not apply to you.
F. Third Party Terms and Conditions: The Grand Prize may be subject to additional terms, conditions and restrictions of third party providers, including but not limited to access to the Internet. You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor will not be responsible for any agreement between you and such third party providers or any content, applications or software provided by such third parties.
G. California Law: Except where prohibited, by participating each participant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
10. Request for the Winner List and Official Rules: For Official Rules and/or the Grand Prize Winner List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by October 17, 2016 to: VIZIO AFI Fest 2016 Experience Sweepstakes, 39 Tesla, Irvine, CA 92618, USA. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on rules requests. The Grand Prize Winner List will be available after October 18, 2016.
11. Sponsor: VIZIO, Inc., 39 Tesla, Irvine, CA 92618. American Film Institute, AFI Fest 2016, Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, TCL Chinese 6 Theaters, Egyptian Theatre and any related entities are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any other entity to which the Sweepstakes or its prizes are related.
© 2016 VIZIO, Inc. The V, VIZIO and all names, logos and phrases are registered or unregistered trademarks of VIZIO, Inc. All other marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.